Message to the public from the Association of Community Councils of Northern Cauca (ACONC).
In light of the ongoing violations of our ethno-territorial rights, death threats, assassinations, and displacement of Afro-Colombian leaders of Northern Cauca, the 41 community councils of the region associated through ACONC and other ethno-territorial organizations call black peoples to the peaceful mobilization for the care of life and the ancestral Afro-Colombian territories. We hereby demand that the National Government fulfill the following:
- We demand the purchase of lands held by large landowners for the purpose of collective titling and recognition of the lands of the ancestral community councils of Northern Cauca.
- We demand the Free, Prior, and Informed Consultation and Consent of the communities that conform the community councils, with special reference to the following 4 projects that will impact our lands:
- Highway Construction – Villa Rica – Santander de Quilichao – Popayán.
- The Regional Afro-Caucan Water Aqueduct.
- Plan Pacifico (The Pacific Plan)
- The transition of Paez Law to Free Trade Zones.
- We demand the creation of a pathway to honor prior agreements with the National Government (Environmental Management Plan of the Salvajina Dam, San Rafael Farm Agreements of November 13, 2013 and May 7 of 2014, and the Black Women’s Mobilization of December 2014).
- We demand the creation of a clear pathway to collective reparations and the restitution of territorial rights as Decreed in UARIV and UTR – 4635 of 2011.
- We demand the backing of CONPA and the Ethnic Commision to ensure a differential focus to the process of the peace negotiations, and to establish a mechanism of participation in the implementation of the peace accords.
- We demand the titling of special mining reserves in the ancestral territories of the community councils of northern cauca.
- We demand that the programs of the colombian institute of Family Wellbeing – ICBF and State programs for Social Prosperity – DPS, be implemented with an ethno-differential focus and fall in line with our own ethno-development plans.
- We demand the improvement and construction of 20,000 free rural homes for black communities.
- We demand the guarantee of the human rights of the community leaders defending the ethn-territorial rights of Black Communities.
Therefore, the Black, Afro-Colombian Peoples of Northern Cauca, Mobilize for peace, for dignity, and the care of life and the ancestral Afro-Colombian territories of Northern Cauca.